KIRAN Cymru is a family of people forming a non-profit, non-religious grassroots organisation with an inclusive ethos, dedicated to enhancing holistic well-being. Our mission revolves around fostering intergenerational connections through the rich tapestry of Arts, Culture, and Heritage. Our driving force stems from the firm belief in crafting societies that amplify the cooperative and compassionate facets of human nature. Together, we strive to cultivate equitable, just, and interconnected ways of living that preserve familial bonds.
Recognising the pivotal role of Arts, Culture, and Heritage, we champion these elements as catalysts for actively uniting individuals from diverse backgrounds. We understand that the absence of human connection often leads to social isolation, impacting well-being and contributing to societal challenges such as depression, anxiety, and economic disparities. In an era where the rising cost of living impedes meaningful connections, our communities bear the brunt of this isolation.
Our efforts persistently revolve around mitigating social isolation and enhancing well-being, taking specific measures:
Engage: Through a series of intergenerational befriending activities rooted in Arts, Culture, and Heritage, we actively engage individuals from various walks of life.
Educate: Our commitment to actively involving diverse backgrounds fosters mutual learning and a broader social understanding.
Empower: By nurturing consistent connections among family, friends, and loved ones, we aim to instill confidence and resilience, enabling individuals to navigate uncertainties and crises.
Through our advocacy for interconnectedness, we lay the groundwork for a culture that mirrors the fundamental aspects of human existence: community, belonging, and sustaining connections with loved ones.
Human connections refer to the relationships, interactions, and bonds we form with other individuals. These connections can range from close personal relationships with family and friends to more casual interactions with colleagues, neighbors, or members of communities. The importance of human connections lies in their profound impact on various aspects of our lives:
Consistent and continuous human connections lead to strong social connections that form the fabric of communities and societies, promoting cooperation, empathy, and a sense of shared identity.
In essence, human connections are fundamental to our emotional, psychological, and physical well-being. They shape our identities, provide support during challenging times, and contribute to our overall happiness and sense of fulfillment in life.
KIRAN Cymru warmly welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds, with a special emphasis on fostering inclusivity for those from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities. Our organization is deeply rooted in community engagement, boasting members and trustees who represent the vibrant tapestry of our localities.
As a community-focused entity, our initiatives are carefully curated, organized, and led by individuals within diverse local communities. Our commitment to inclusivity and community empowerment drives every aspect of our activities, ensuring a rich tapestry of perspectives and experiences.
1. Promoting Well-being: Enhance the overall well-being of individuals by providing opportunities for social interaction and support.
2. Reducing Social Isolation: Alleviate feelings of social isolation by creating a connected and supportive community environment.
3. Cultural Connection: Foster an appreciation for arts, culture, and heritage as means of bonding diverse communities.
1. Community Engagement: Facilitate regular intergenerational befriending activities and events that bring individuals from different backgrounds together.
2. Arts, Cultural Programs, Heritage Research, and Oral History Initiatives: Organise various programs not only centered around arts, culture, and heritage appreciation but also dedicated to heritage research and oral history preservation to encourage participation and deeper understanding.
3. Collaboration and Partnerships: Form partnerships with other organizations and community groups to extend the reach and effectiveness of initiatives aimed at social connection, well-being, heritage research, and oral history preservation, fostering a collaborative approach to community engagement.
Dr Grace Kerry
Mrs Tamana Qaderi
Oral History Officer